Blazer/Chaleco- Material Girl (Similar)
Corset- c/o Corset Chicks
Jeans- Thrifted American Eagle (Similar)
Bracelet/ Brazalete- Thrifted Express
Shoes/ Calzados- Jessica Simpson Vadio
I am participating in the “Pon Huggies a Prueba” Campaign! Where parents are encouraged to try the new and improved Huggies Diapers and Wipes by “Putting Huggies to the Test” on Huggies Latino Facebook Page
And Oh how as a parent are we put to the test! I love my little girl she is super sweet, loving and very funny. My daughter Naliya is only 2 and a half but boy does she have lots of personality. It is funny how our children can make us sane and insane all in one lol.
I am a first time mother but in this short time of being a parent I have acquired a few tips to help me tackle messes and stresses. These may or may not work for you, but it’s worth giving it a shot right?
1. I try and start my morning of with prayer/meditation. This can included reading the bible writing in a journal or reading a motivational/ personal development book. Why? Because it helps set the tone for the rest of my day.
2. I work out!! Looking and feeling good inside and out is important to me. If I am having low self-esteem or feeling run down I won't be able to be the best parent I can be to my daughter. I try to eat right; getting in 5-6 healthy meals a day, drink plenty of water and work out at least 4x a week minimum.
3. I use check lists, note pads or an app to set up reminders. This helps me to stay organized and to avoid missing important dates, appointments or items that need to be purchased.
4. I ALWAYS keep Huggies wipes handy, I can’t tell you how many Huggies wipes we go through. I have been buying the bulk box at Costco since the baby was born. I keep a travel box in my purse, car and baby bag. Then we have normal size boxes on each of our night stands and one in the bathroom. At this point on her own, Naliya goes & pulls a few wipes lol.
5. I again try and I say try because there are nights I forget but I try to end my day with prayer/meditation which may include reading the bible.
Hopefully these tips help you tackle messes and stresses in your life. You can visit the Huggies Latino Facebook Page to Like the page, share tips/stories with other Huggies parents and to participate in the contest to win a fully stocked Huggies diaper bag.
Discloser: This post is compensated and in collaboration with Huggies and LBC. All opinions are my own.
Back in October when searching for the perfect birthday shoes I came across these Jessica Simpson Vadio platforms at Macy's (which have since then sold out). Now you know I normally do not spend $98 on a pair of shoes except that one time I bought these suede BCBG wedge boots from DSW at $100 oh and this other time is when I bought my cowgirl boots also from DSW at $129. I had buyers remorse for days after that purchase but man, do I love those boots!
Ok so back to these platforms along with being over the amount I like to spend they are at my heel hieght max (5") but they went perfectly with my birthday dress you can see pics here October Birthday Celebration Outfits.
Well to my surprise on various social networks recently I have seen people posting a look alike from Shoedazzle.com that monthly shoe site. in another color blocking option but still very similar and only at $31.96 the originals are available on Amazon.com for about $94 or so.
En el mes de Octubre estube en búsqueda de un par de zapatos perfectos para mis cumpleaños, me encontré con estas plataformas Vadio de Jessica Simpson en Macy's (que desde entonces ya no estan). Ahora usted sabe que normalmente no gastaria $98 en un par de zapatos, excepto aquel tiempo que compré unas botas BCBG de gamuza con el taco corrido de DSW por $100 oh y esta otra vez cuando me compré mis botas vaqueras también de DSW en $ 129. Por un par de dias despues me senti con un poco de remordimiento, pero como me encantan esas botas!
Ok de nuevo a estas plataformas, aparte del costo on ser más de la están estan super altas (5 ") mi maximo, pero combinaron perfectas con el vestido de cumpleaños pueden ver fotos aquí October Birthday Celebration Outfits
Bueno, para mi sorpresa en varias redes sociales recientemente he visto que publican una zapatillas casi iguales de la tienda Shoedazzle.com, la pagina web esa que te manda un par de zapatos mensual. Estan en otra opción de colores, pero aún muy similares y sólo en $31.96 los originales están disponibles en Amazon.com por alrededor de $ 94 o algo así.
Jean Jacket- H&M
Tube Top/ Bajimama- Guess
Harem Pants/ Pantalon Harem- H&M
Shoes/ Calzados- Alloy
Clutch/ Clatera de mano- Thrifted DIY
On Sunday my husband and I went to Hoboken a town here in NJ a unique, vibrant, walkable urban community with many shops, restaurants and the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway which lends its self to postcard-perfect views of Manhattan day and night.
I wore this look once before for my "Fashion Dare Tag: Wear Harem Pants" featuring a top I purchased Father’s Day Macy’s Haul but this time I paired it with my DIY: Neon Detailed Clutch to add a pop of color to this neutral pallet.
El domingo mi marido y yo fuimos a la ciudad de Hoboken en NJ es única, una vibrante comunidad urbana transitable, con muchas tiendas, restaurantes y el paseo frente del río Hudson, que se presta a vistas del día y de noche de Manhattan.
Llevé este look una vez antes para mi "Fashion Dare Tag: Wear Harem Pants". La blusa es una que compre en mi Father’s Day Macy’s Haul pero esta vez lo eh emparejado con mi DIY: Neon Detailed Clutch para agregar un toque de color a esta paleta de colores neutros.
Back in June I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger by fellow blogger Johnnybell of NYTrendyMoms, I was very surprised and thankful.
The rules are as follows:
-Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
-let them know you have nominated them
-Share 7 random facts about yourself
Thank the blogger that has nominated you
-Add the versatile blogger award to your blog
7 Random facts about me:
1. Back in October I reconciled my relationship with the Lord
2. I eagerly desire to have a baby boy & Name him Aarlen Isahias
3. I have big feet, I'm a size 11 0_o lol
4. My one complex/ flaw are my dark spots
5. I would love to own my own home soon
6. I am a frustrated entrepreneur lol (I lack start up funds)
7. I've always felt I should have been nominated for best dressed in HS
I nominate my whole Blog Roll for this award
For the 2012 Premios Juventud, upcoming artist, Dominicana Leslie Grace performed her first single “Will You Still Love Me ,” which mixes the rhythms of bachata with a flavor of the 60s. She wanted her look to resemble a diva from 60s but at the same time, looking modern, youthful and natural for these youth awards.
Below are the details on how she achieved her look using Olay, Pantene, & COVERGIRL. These tips are being shared on behalf of her makeup artist and stylist, Annexie:
· First, I applied Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer to prep her skin and give her a soft and fresh look. Then, I applied Olay Total Effects Line & Dark Circle Minimizing Brush under her eyes to minimized dark circles. Then, I used a little of Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in light medium 215 because it provides great coverage! I love it for day and night!
· Then I used COVERGIRL and Olay Simply Ageless foundation 255 Soft Honey. Afterwards, I applied COVERGIRL Cheekers Blushin Plumberry Glow 140 to her cheek bones to add a soft rosy glow to her already beautiful and tan skin tone. I finished the face with COVERGIRL Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder to reduce the brightness of the skin and have her camera ready.
· For more tips from Olay visit www.OlayParaTi.com.
· I used Eye Enhancers 4-Kit Shadows in Blossom 257 on her crease to brighten her eye color. This color looks fantastic on her! For her lashes, I used LashBlast Fusion Mascara in Very Black 800 because I wanted to achieve a intense, bright eye. This mascara provides great volume and made her lashes look longer.
· I finished the look with a nude lip color using COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor in Delish 255 to give her a neutral tone and this way I made emphasis on her 60s eyes.
· Make sure to follow @COVERGIRL on Twitter for more beauty tips. www.twitter.com/covergirl
· She decided to go with a pony tail that she was going to transform in an updo hair style to achieve that 60s look during her performance so I gave her a finishing touch. I liberally sprayed Pantene Anti-Humidity Hairspray all over her hair to help her keep the style in place all night.
· Pantene shares more info for Latinas in specific at www.MiPantene.com.
Guest post by Allison Morris
If you’re like most people, chances are you’ll take any opportunity to throw on a pair of shorts and soak up a little vitamin D. Summer is the season for taking advantage of every opportunity you can to be outdoors, and while you’re enjoying the weather, you’re also probably happy to work on achieving a nice golden tan while you’re at it. But through all of the barbecuing, swimming, hiking, and good old fashioned sunbathing, it might just slip your mind to lather on a little SPF 40.
When it comes to enjoying the great outdoors, it’s in your best interest to make sure that you do so with the proper protection. Skin cancer rates have skyrocketed in recent years, and while popular culture dictates that a beautifully bronzed body is the ultimate summertime achievement, the obsession with having a great tan is also having some scary health effects. While other cancer rates decline, fatalities from skin cancer continue to rise, and most people don’t realize just how much their risk increases with too much sunshine.
While a little dose of golden rays is good for you, most people take that to an extreme, and the impacts of long-term tanning can be more deadly than they realize. The following infographic looks into the causes and effects of the rising skin cancer rates, and it might make you think twice before skipping out on the sunscreen.
This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant - designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
I am of olive skin tone, I am not sure if it is hereditary from my father’s side or simply something that occurs to individuals of my complexion but unfortunately my skin tends to over produce melanin causing me to suffer from hyper pigmentation.
Meaning any scratch, cut or even post acne marks tend to become dark than my normal skin tone. Every woman has her flaw or that one thing that they really dislike, for me this is it. My nemesis. Most flaws we can disguise and find a way to live with it but it’s my skin, how do I disguise my skin?
Well, I can’t. However I have searched and searched all over the internet for different treatments and solutions. I have been to many dermatologist and tried numerous lotions, creams and washes. I have so many home remedy/ treatments pins on Pinterest that I think they deserve their own board.
I’ve settled to living with it hoping one day I “make it big” and can afford every laser treatment knowm to work lol! In the mean time I want to share some of the things I have tried or want to try.
1. Glycolic Acid Peel – Note: This is for professional use and I am in no way telling you to do this at home. I did but that was at my own risk ( and simply shows you how bad I want even skin)
2. Coconut Oil – Applying twice a day is supposed to improve overall skin condition and post acne scaring.
3. Bio Oil - Clinically proven to reduce appearance of scars and stretch marks
4. Clearasil Ultra Acne Plus Marks Wash And Mask - Helps fight the formation of marks
A couple of new things I want to try from Pinterest…
Ø Naturally removing stretch marks (I know it doesn’t say dark spots but I want these gone too lol!)
Ø Natural Acne Scar Mask
Ø The burning face mask
Ø Brown Sugar Oatmeal Scrub
The last thing I would like to try is Dove® Clear Tone, yup you guessed even my under arms get discoloration from shaving, sad but true. Hey at least I am not the only one right?
I have heard nothing but good reviews about this product which accelerates the natural skin renewal process, helping to visibly reduce dark marks and even tone with regular use over time, while providing 24-hour odor and wetness protection.
What have you tried or plan on doing to improve your overall skin tone to be able to bare it all?
I was compensated for this post by the Clever Girls Collective. All the opinions expressed here are my own.
I'M ALICIA GIBBS
Faith + Family!
BROWSE POPULAR CATEGORIES